Breakfast: 2 slices toasted vegan bread with crunchy PB.
Lunch: Israeli Couscous Salad with Sumac, Chickpeas, and Arugula. Mint chocolate patties.
Snack: Blackberries. Celery. Carrots.
Dinner: Roasted tomato and red pepper soup with basil. Crostini with avocado and sea salt. Mint chocolate patties.
Habanero (or jalapeno, serrano etc.)
Salt and pepper
1. Cut tomatoes in half and lay on baking sheet. Sprinkle vinegar, salt, and pepper on tomatoes.
2. Lay red peppers, halved onion, and garlic cloves on baking sheet.
3. Put (1) and (2) in 375 oven for 30+ minutes. Once the tomato has broken down and the pepper skins are charred and puffed, remove from oven. Put peppers in a bowl and cover bowl. This technique makes removing the pepper skins easier. When you remove stem, do so over a bowl because there is a lot of liquid inside. Separate stem and seeds from pepper and put aside.
4. Heat a soup pot and add chopped onion and the roasted onion with olive oil. Once onion is cooked through, add roasted garlic then roasted peppers then roasted tomato, salt and pepper and satuee for a few minutes then add about 4-6 cups of water. Take off heat and allow to sit and flavors to marinate.
5. Once cooled down, blend soup with immersion blender. Soup’s done!
*I served with fresh basil leaves but this soup can be a base for a tikka masala, chilli, or enjoyed as is with grilled cheese. I paired with avocado on crostini and OMG that was perfect when dipped in the soup. Enjoy!