This past Sunday, friends joined me for my inaugural
Green Eyes Sunday Dinner: IT WAS DELICIOUS!
Here’s the menu:
Here’s my plate:
I know this picture doesn’t do the meal any justice because grilled okra …. sweet potato fries….corn-tomato salad…tofu hoagie all tasted better than it looks (here) but luckily my friend
Dominique, who is a photographer, captured these photos. Thanks girl! 🙂
Chipotle – Peach Tofu Hoagie with Cabbage Slaw, Summer Salad, and Herb – Yogurt Sauce.
Cabbage, carrot, and cilantro slaw.
Tastes like Summer Salad: Tomato, Corn, Cucumber, and Red Onion.
Dessert: Local Cantelope and Blueberries.
If you’re interested to join
Sunday Dinner, RSVP!
Be inspired by the ingredients in your kitchen!
This salad was not planned. It developed as I found new things that needed to be used…And you can’t go wrong with a chopped salad!
1. Chop ingredients.
2. Assemble on a plate.
3. Make a dressing (see below).
Lemon, zest and juice
Vinegar (champagne, raspberry, white etc)
1.Chop scallions and add to a bowl with lemon to ‘cook’ the raw onion taste out for a few minutes.
2. Add ingredients to a bowl and blend with hand blender until emulsified.
Flat Parsley, fresh
Salt and Pepper
1. Chop vegetables and herbs.
2. Juice lemon and zest and combine with diced onion. Allow onion to sit with juice for at least 10 minutes then add salt, honey, and olive oil.
3. Add chopped vegetables, herbs, and vinaigrette to a a bowl and mix to combine.
4. Allow to sit for
up to a day before serving.
All of these ingredients came from the garden and every bite tastes like summer!
Lemon, juice and zest
Mint, fresh from garden
Basil, fresh from garden
1. Dice shallot and jalapeno and add to a bowl with lemon juice and salt. The acid will help “cook” the shallot and pull out the raw taste.
2. Dice tomato and cucumber and add to the bowl. Cut corn off of the cob and add in as well.
3. Wash herbs, chop then add to the salad.
4. Season with more salt, if desired.
Tip: This would also be a great base for a summery gazpacho! Follow above instructions then blend!
This fresh, crunchy salad is a perfect side dish to any meal. I’m looking forward to summer BBQs to serve this along side grilled yumms!
1 English/Persian Cucumber, peeled
3 Tb Rice Wine Vinegar
1 Tb Maple Syrup/Honey
2 tsp Sesame Oil
2 tsp Olive Oil
1/4 cup Cilantro, chopped
1 Tb Black Sesame Seeds
Salt and Pepper
1. Peel and slice cucumber and add to a bowl with cilantro and sesame seeds.
2. Mix remaining ingredients together to make a vinaigrette.
3. Pour vinaigrette over cucumbers.
4. You can eat right away or let it sit for the flavors to marinate and tenderize the cucumbers.