Kale salads are ALWAYS a good call. This one is fresh, summery, and colorful hence the creative name. 😉
Radish was a great (secret) addition to this salad. If you’re not much of a radish fan try it in this salad anyway. The peppery, crunchy bite (and the hot pink hue) goes well against the kale and lemon. Here’s 9 reasons to eat your radishes in case you needed nutritional encouragement. 😉
Salt and Pepper
1. Remove kale leaves from stems then rinse in cold water.
2. Juice lemon and add with zest and diced onions to a bowl and let sit for a few minutes.
3. Meanwhile dice the remaining vegetables (except for avocado).
4. Add salt and pepper, honey, and olive oil to the lemon-onion bowl to make a vinaigrette then add to the bowl of kale leaves. Massage the kale leaves with the dressing and rip the kale leaves into smaller pieces.
5. Add chopped vegetables to the kale and mix to combine. Add sunflower seeds.
6. Season to taste with more salt, pepper, and lemon.
7. Letting the salad marinate tenderizes the kale…eat by 3rd-4th day.
8. Serve with fresh avocado slices/chunks on top. (optional)