Apple, sweet and green
Sesame Seeds, toasted
Red Pepper Flakes
Himalayan Sea Salt
1. Rinse asparagus and chop in 1″ pieces and put in a bowl.
2. Chop scallions and parsley.
3. Cut apple to be about the same size as the asparagus.
4. Add lemon zest, juice, garlic, pepper flakes, and salt to a bowl. (Blend into a vinaigrette…I opted out of oil in this recipe just to see how it would turn out(YUMMY) but olive oil is welcome here).
5. Add hemp hearts and sesame to veggie and lemon bowl, mix to combine.
The lemon “cooks” the asparagus making it more tender so allowing this salad to marinate before serving will only result in better married flavors.
This is the perfect side salad but would make filling entree when served with a grain (rice is on my mind….)