I love frittatas!
Follow the recipe and add in any combination of veggies that you have on hand–you can’t go wrong!
6-8 Eggs, you can mix whole and egg whites to cut down on the fat
1-3 cloves Garlic
1 bunch Asparagus, cut off tough ends and then cut remaining into ~1 inch pieces
1 cup Peas
1 handful Parsley, Italian
Salt and Pepper
Crushed red pepper flakes
1. Sautee onion and garlic in olive oil. Once golden, add crush red pepper flakes, salt, and asparagus and cook for 3-5 minutes before adding peas and herbs. Don’t overcook the veggies in the pan because they’ll cook more in the oven.
2. In a bowl, beat eggs. I like to use a combination of whole eggs and egg whites.
3. Add sauteed veggies to the bowl with eggs and mix until combined.
4. Pour batter into a sprayed pie dish. You could use a cast iron pan but I think the pie dish is easy to handle.
5. Put drops of goat cheese over the top of the egg dish.
6. Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes, until it is obviously cooked through and no wiggly egg. Sprinkle salt and fresh pepper on top.
Serve warm or room temperature. You can keep unrefrigerated for a day, any longer than that keep in the fridge.
Serve with a side salad, on its own, or as a side dish with a meal.
This is a great dish to bring to a potluck because you can make it ahead of time and one dish can feed a lot of people (for not that much $$)!