Sauteed mushrooms on top of the soup adds texture and complements the flavor of this soup.
Salt and Pepper
1. Roast chopped parsnip, cauliflower and garlic (covered with foil) in 375 oven for 40+ minutes.
2. Sautee onions in a pot then add the roasted vegetables, cumin, salt and pepper. Add chopped potato and water and bring to a boil until potatoes are cooked through.
3. Allow to cool down then blend with immersion blender until thick and creamy.
4. Sautee mushrooms with garlic oil, salt, and red pepper flakes.
5. Serve mushrooms on top of soup for added texture, flavor, and meatiness.