I looked in the fridge and saw Portobello mushrooms that needed to be used and thought to do a stir-fry to take to work the next day. This recipe came about just from what I had on hand and turned out to be delicious. I even ate some as a snack as is.
1. Prepare all veggies: slice uniformly.
2. Add onions to a hot sautee pan then add oil, garlic, ginger, jalapeno.
3. Add carrots then peppers then mushrooms. Sautee in pan then add water and put a lid on the pan.
4. Once mushrooms look about halfway cooked, add soy sauce, put lid back on for a few minutes until the mushrooms are cooked through. Don’t over cook the veggies you want them to maintain vibrancy of color.
5. Add sesame seeds and scallions to dish.
*Serve with rice or save to take to work.
**Other veggies that would be great with this: broccoli, red pepper, cabbage, celery, corn, water chestnuts.