Sunday was my cooking day! Pasta salad, couscous salad, Asian marinated tofu and salad, date rolls, apricot truffles, cauliflower zucchini potato curry –preparing the meals in advance makes eating lunch and dinner much easier! You’ll get all these recipes this week. 🙂
Marinated Tofu Salad
Sriracha Hot Sauce
1. Take tofu out of container, drain liquid and sit on plate with a weight (saucer with tea-cup filled with water) on top of the tofu to press the water out of the tofu block. Drain water from the bottom plate.
2. Cube pressed tofu.
3. Juice lime, grate ginger, garlic, and Habanero, add all spiced to the mix. Allow marinade to site while tofu drains.
4. Add cubed tofu to the marinade and allow to sit for at least 30 minutes.
5. Heat oven to 350 and place marinated cubes on tray and bake for 25 minutes, flipping half-way through.
6. Make dressing: Sesame oil, lemon juice, sriracha hot sauce, sesame seeds, olive oil.
7. Once tofu is nicely browned/crisped on 2+ sides, remove from the oven and add to dressing (6.).
8. Prepare salad add doubly marinated tofu and remainder dressing for salad.
9. Enjoy! This
*Tofu takes on a whole new texture when you press the water out of it…try it!
Breakfast: Banana. Orange. Tea. Water
Lunch: Broccoli Rabe. Portobello Mushroom. Sun-dried Tomato. Pasta Salad.
Snack: Apple. Grapefruit. Carrot. Dried apricot.
Dinner: Marinated tofu Asian spiced salad. Apricot-Walnut-Coconut truffles.