I have been toying with the idea of doing a vegan ‘detox’ with the primary curiosity of seeing how I would feel without beloved cheese and other dairy in my diet. February is a short month, let me go vegan for the rest of this month…why not?
What does one eat on a vegan diet? I will show you! For the rest of the month, I will post a list of what I ate and a recipe so you can incorporate some vegan meals into your repertoire.
A Vegan Chilli:
Peppers (red, green, orange, jalepeno)
Red and White Kidney Beans
Salt and Pepper
1. Roast peppers; peel skin; chop peppers.
2. Cut tomatoes in half, marinate in red wine vinegar, roast for 30 minutes; blend with immersion blender.
3. Sautee onion, garlic, parsnip, carrot, roasted peppers (1.) sundried tomato, tomato paste.
4. In a separate pan, heat olive oil and add crumbled tempeh (think sausage!) and crisp. Add chilli powder then cherry tomatoes.
5. Once sautee (3.) is cooked down, add in blended tomoato sauce (2.) then tempeh (4.) allow ingredients to simmer together then add cilantro.
6. Enjoy with a tortilla, rice, or on its own!
Wrap: Whole wheat tortilla, Eggplant Pate, Spinach
Tea & Water
Sunflower seeds, Dates, Figs
Vegan chilli with spinach
Tea & Water
Dinner: Vedge Restaurant
Pomegranate Sangria (see picture below)
Shisito peppers, Green Olives, Garlic Lupini Beans
Salt-roasted golden beet terrine with avocado, red onion, capers, tofu (A MUSTTT!! The smoked golden beet was like smoked salmon..what??!! Yes!!!)
*This place is AMAZING!! A plant-based restaurant with refined technique and layered flavors taking vegan food to a whole new level!