Lemon, zest and juice
1. Cut eggplant and sprinkle with salt. Allow to sit until brown water “comes out” of the fruit.
2. Chop zucchini, onion, garlic and place on baking sheet with eggplant, olive oil, salt and pepper, and cumin seeds.
3. Roast at 375 for 30+ minutes.
4. Allow the roasted veggies to cool. (I actually had veggies in fridge overnight)
5. Toast sesame seeds then add to food processor (or use tahini) with cooled roasted veggies, lemon zest, juice, and olive oil. Make sure to not have too much liquid as you want the pâté to have a similar texture and consistency to the meat version.
6. Season to taste and enjoy on toast crackers, as a spread in a wrap, or with pita.
*This can last in fridge for a week so consider it a great party dish!